Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2020

The mirror in the attic

This week in writing we focused on narrative writing. We watched some videos on how to structure a narrative then we used a graphic Organiser to plan our ideas. There where four images we had to choose from to base our narrative on, I picked The mirror in the Attic . The narrative had to be between 250 and 300 hundred words, mine was 299.
Do you like narrative writing or writing reports and biography better?
Here is my narrative

The hinges creaked as she opened the door to the old musty room where the mirror laid.She picked up the shiny silver mirror and propped it against the old attic wall.The mirror glowed when a streak of light hit the glass.She touched to glass and it sucked her in, tumble and flip her body went. As she awoke she pulled the blanket over her head.She sat up  Where am I?  What am I doing? she thought. She wandered out of the room into a long hall way with many doors. At the end of hallway she saw a nice looking lady, that said
 “Good morning Lola, you are up early” 
The girl smiled and said “ but  it’s 7:00 I have school,” 
The lady replied,” Don’t tell me you already forgot, you don't have school where in lockdown for Covid 19 remember”
“Ohh yeah,” she replied as she started to walk back to her room.She entered the room again thats when something caught her eye, the mirror.Is that how I got here? Whats Covid 19? What lockdown? What year is it? Who's Lola I’m Alice? She though to herself.

She sat at her vanity as she fixed her hair where her mirror hung. She reached out for a hair tie but hit the mirror.It sucked her in she flung side to side like a washing machine.
“ Alice hurry up get ready we’re going to be late,” a young girl shouted
“ Late for what,” she mumbled
“ School what else” the girl replied
She rolled out of bed and started to put on what look like an old school uniform. The scratchy dress and tight shirt rubbed against her skin.What year is it? How’d  I get here? So am I Alice?  She wondered.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.