Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

Math's Blog

This week in math my goals were to:
- Evaluate findings and form conclusions
- complete a statistical investigation by collecting, displaying and discussing data. 
- determine appropriate variables and data collection methods.
- choose an appropriate data display.
- analyse a data sample.
- use a database (spreadsheet) to collect and organise data.
- collect and display time- series data.
We also talked about what the  variables are my understanding for a variable is: Something in an experiment that changes so we can see the differences   
For example we used: the exercises.
The variables in this experiment are 
2 min walk
2 min star jumps 
2 min sit ups
2 min sprint .

This is my graph -
This is my table -


Tim
Harry
Sarah
Ave for each exercise
2 Min Walk
148
150
160
153
2 Min Star Jump
186
172
192
183
2 Min Situp
198
158
162
173
2 Min Sprint
206
198
200
201
Ave for each person
185
170
179

Then we had to write three conclusions about the experiment mine are:
The graph above shows that the 2 min sprint makes the participants heart rate increase the most for example the average heart rate for that exercise is 201 .
The graph above show that the 2 min walk  make the participants heart rate increase the lowest for example the average heart rate for that exercise is 153.
The graph above show that Tim has the highest heart rate over all of the exercise for example his average heart rate is 185 over all of the exercises.

Have you ever measured your heart rate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.