Pages

Monday 4 November 2019

Camp

Week three the whole of 7/8 had the opportunity to Wainui YMCA  school camp. We spent three nights and four days.We had to write a reflection on camp with the questions on, Something I found challenging,My favourite part,Something I learnt and What I am grateful for.

This is my refection -

This is what I found challenging,I found the tramp to camp a challenge as I would not normally choose something like this. But since I could do this with my friends it was a lot of fun and they were all really encouraging.

Something I have learnt is you may have to look a little harder if you want to find something. I have taken this away from orienteering as some of the targets were harder to find then others.I have also learnt how to survive if I has to ever get lost in the forest. I learnt this from outdoor living as we learnt about plants that are safe to eat,How to make a fire and what is needed to build a shelter.I thought I'd add the girls shelter as the best.

Something I am grateful for is all the people that gave up their time to come so we could enjoy the camp.I am also grateful for the teachers that made us food so we could eat. Finally I am grateful for this opportunity as it was a great one and I have taken away a lot of memorises.

I have many favourite parts but one of my all time favourite part would have to be kayaking I enjoyed this as it reminded me of when I go to kaiteriteri and camp with my family, I also enjoyed being around the water as I am very comfortable around open sea water.Another one of my favourite parts would have top be coasteering because I liked climbing the rocks and swimming in the open water. 

These are all of the activity's  we got to do -
- Kayaking
- Coasteering
- orienteering
- Search and Rescue
- High ropes
- Outdoor living
- archery
- breakout edu/ school led activity
- Raft building

Have you been on camp if so what was your favourite part ? 

This is not my group but this is were we went kayaking
Image result for ymca wainui camp
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.