Pages

Thursday 14 November 2019

Reading Create

This week I am going to share my reading create.I had to pick out of reading four articles they were HoliChristmas in ColumbiaA traditional Irish SportScotlandHanukkhah I choose to read  Christmas in Columbia. We had to reflect on this by answer some questions like -

What I already know about this topic - In Colombia Christmas is a big thing.It’s probably a lot different then here in New Zealand.

 My new understanding - Christmas in Colombia is more about the religion  as in Colombia, 90% of the population is Christian. The Christmas period is one of the longest times to celebrate in the world.On the night of the first festival they usually light candles and lanterns in the streets and outside houses.The cities are also lit up by fireworks. Nine days before Christmas majority of families will meet up in prayer and have traditional  foods and sing songs.

New questions I have - What songs do they sing? What traditional  foods do they have? Why do they start nine days before? What traditions do they do 



Answers to my questions -

Do you know the answers to my questions ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.