Pages

Thursday 4 June 2020

Narrative Writing

This week in writing we had to write a narrative. We could pick one of two path ways for our narrative, in search of a goal or there and back again. I picked there and back again this means my characters left the read life word and ended up made up world, I inspired my narrative on Alice and Wonder land. Firstly we made a plot point plan to plan our narrative.
I am going to share my Plan and first few paragraphs from my narrative 
Do you like writing narratives? 


This is my writing ( Click on this link if you want to read the rest)


Down the tracks

As I sat on my bed and played robloxs 

My mum yelled, “Poppy,Levi get off your devices,”

“Whyyyy,” groaned Levi.

“Because you've been on them since 11.00  O’clock this morning,” replied our  mum

“Fine but only if Poppy does too,” Levi said.

“What why me,” I grumbled 

“Yes this goes for you too Poppy now go outside get some fresh air ,” replied our mum now frustrated.

I got up turned my phone off and pulled my socks on, Levi was already waiting for me in the loft.

“Come on slow poke wanna race,” Levi joked 

“ Be prepared to lose,” I joked back 

“Three Two One,” Levi counted 

We ran down the 16 stairs of our old but  newly renovated country house.

“ Haha I win,” Levi boasted 

“ Whatever,” I said 

We both squeed on our gum boots and ran to our tree hut. Ever since our dad built the tree hut when we were four its been our favourite escape place. 


As I sat there colouring, 

Levi said ” I’m bored lets go down to the forest”

“Fine ,’I replied 

The forest is behind our house I find it a little scary but Levi loves it. The tall skinny tree swayed side to side as we wandered in to the big forest. 

“ So what are we doing,” I asked 

“ Well the other day I was out here with dad and saw what looked like a road or some sort of path,” Levi said 

“ Ok what does that mean,” I said. I don’t know why I said that I already knew what he was thinking.

“ Well I didn’t want to ask dad and didn’t want to go alone so your my only option,” Levi said 

“ ummmmm really,” I said worried

“ come on it will be fun,” Levi said convincingly 

“ Ok fine,” I said unsure

We walked into the depth of the forest to the caution tape our dad put along the trees to set a boundary.

“ Where is it,” I said 

“ Over there look,” he pointed over the tape.

“ but were not allowed  back there,” I said 

“ Yeah But its only once” he said 

“ Maybe once won’t hurt,” I said 

“ Yess,” he said excitingly 

We climbed over the tape and Levi took the way, I tripped and stumbled over a log and fall onto something hard.

“ Are you ok Levi,” rushed to my side

“ Yeah but what is this,” I said 

“Its and old rail way track, this is what I saw,” Levi said 

“ Yay we found it now lets go back,” I said 

“ No not yet its a track its got to lead somewhere ” Levi explained 

“ Fine but only for five minutes,” I mumbled back.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.