Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

Hansel and Gretal writing

First week back at school for term 3 we did wrote about Hansel and Gretal. We had to write two chunks based on the story using the FANTASTICS. 
This is mine 

The fresh fruity flavour floated though the air. The strong sour scent swept under Hansel and Gretal’s nose.They froze. They froze silently. They froze silently and anxiously  until the rustle of the bushes went away.  The forest was gloomy and mysterious. The breeze was as sharp as a sword.The forest floor squelched under their feet. The birds were as loud as a firework on a quiet night.  


“ I’m afraid,” whispered Gretal. “ Don’t be afraid everything will be OK,” Hansel answered although he knew deep down their mother wanted them gone. Suddenly in the bright open clearing they spotted a cottage with a ridged roof, a crumbled chimney, small dark windows and a wooden door covered in sweets.They knew they shouldn't touch the house but the sweet sour gummy sour patch kids pulled them in. They knew they mustn’t lick anything near the house but the tall sticky sweet lollipops tempted them.They knew there might be consequences but the golden  melting chocolate was too resisting.


Have you read Hansel and Gretal


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.